Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring

Once again, I missed the springing. I opened my eyes one morning and the world was green again; lush and alive. Satisfying enough to make me rhapsodize, and put flowers in my hair (actually, that would be Filippo putting flowers in my hair...as well as grass and all kinds of insect).

Days like these deserve note. Italian teenagers recognize the season with public displays of affection and I do so with words in a blog. Even the air is pregnant with with new life. Heavy with the fragrance of blooms, buzzing with lusty bugs.

The lawn outside the house is lush, if small (which I like - it's silly how much time and money is invested on "yards"). The grass is speckled with white flowers, named appropriately after a woman who inspired the name for the Marguirita. Also, little blue flowers that you have to look for (whcih Filippo and I did). Even the dandilions look pretty. It begs to be rolled in.

No comments: